Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting Ready For Yule


I've started to get ready for Dec 10th, when I will be setting up a vending table to sell goodies at a local Christmas event. I'm very excited, but also quite nervous because I'm afraid I won't get everything done.

As you can see, I've bought a few things to get started, but I still have loads of stuff to go.


Fudge is going to be my main selling point, as always. I'm also planning to sell jar mixes, hot cocoa cones, dipped pretzels, peanut butter cups, s'more cups, brittle, toffee, caramel, divinity, truffles, ganache, and an interesting chocolate dipped cookie called a Brandy Snap. I have a few other things planned as well, see why I'm nervous! Also, if I have the time and resources left, I would like to sell some whole baked goods like bread loaves and pies for people to take home.

I'm trying to stay away from individual baked items. I really would like to focus more on the candy aspect of this sale, and also, the group that is hosting the event will be selling individual baked items to help fund their cold weather care packages for the homeless in the area. I would hate to infringe on that, it really is a great group of people hosting the event and I wish them the best of luck.

In the next two weeks, I plan to update a good bit with my progress. I would love to do a step-by-step for the Ganache and Brandy Snaps as well.

I hope all goes as planned!

2 comments:

MarkofDaedalus on December 2, 2011 at 9:14 PM said...

OMG!!! YES!!! I'm so excited to hear you're coming. Woot! ::does a happy dance:: Even if nobody knows but me. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you, but I've never had your food. And I am drooling on myself just looking at it!!

~~louise~~ on December 3, 2011 at 4:37 PM said...

Hi Sarah!

How exciting for you. I just know you will do GREAT!!! I can't wait to "hear" about it.

Thanks for sharing...

Post a Comment

 

Muffin Top Confections Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice